Thursday, July 14, 2011

Whatcha Doing Saturday?

How about checking out the Your Garden Show's online bee-a-thon event?

Bee-a-thon 2011 is a free, online "town hall" event broadcast live to a worldwide audience on July 16th to shed light on the plight of our bees. Tune in for 12 minutes... or 12 hours! Learn how pollinators are responsible for one in every three bites of food, contribute billions of dollars to global economies and face challenges from colony collapse disorder and other threats.

Tune in as top bee experts, beekeepers and key environmental players reveal the latest buzz on what's happening to our bees and what you can do this summer to make a difference.

The Bee-a-thon kicks off the Great Bee Count, a Citizen Science campaign hosted on YourGardenShow.com in partnership with the Great Sunflower Project.... counting bees across North America and helping shape bee conservation efforts.

I'll be counting in the LoveNest yard and hoping my Artemis hive gals put in an appearance on the Rosemary plant I have selected to observe for the count.

But, I will be completely fine if I count bumblebees, green bees or carpenter bees. 

Love the pollinators!

1 comment:

Kathiesbirds said...

Have fun. I love pollinators also but I will be busy counting birds, some of which are also pollinators as well as nectar feeding bats! We need those bees though so bravo! I hope you see a lot!