OH, I wish BirdCouple could watch this treasure with the folks at the BirdFest!
This festival offers a wide variety of unique field trips, including:
- Birding by Tallship (I love birding by any ship)
- An entire afternoon with nesting endangered Great Lakes Piping Plovers (cute little guys)
- A visit to a 300 acre native prairie installation, where Northern Harriers nest (prairies are awesome)
- Trips by pontoon boats to the Leelanau Conservancy’s Cedar RiverPreserve (I love birding by boat)
- Noted author and speaker Paul Baicich is our Keynote speaker (I adore Paul!)
We wish we could go, but, Cute Husband is starting a new gig in two weeks (today is his last day at McClatchy Newspapers....bittersweet day for my guy).
So, we are going to be local birders for a while until he gets adjusted to his new job at Reuters as an editor (exciting!).
But, please join Paul (I adore Paul!) and our buddy, Kay Charter of Saving Birds Thru Habitat at BirdFest and feel free to torture us with stories of how great it was!