Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy 226th Birthday!

 "I felt an intimacy with them...bordering on frenzy [that] must accompany my steps through life." ~John James Audubon.


Yes Sir, I get that bird frenzy! Especially during spring migration!

Check out how  Google is honoring Audubon's influence on ornithology and natural history.

And, as I tried to pay my respects to Mr. Audubon, I discovered that website of The National Audubon Society, a wildlife and ecosystem conservation organization that was named after him, went down today as fans across the country remembered the famous naturalist.

Cute Husband and I just returned from an Easter hike on the Appalachian Trail where we paid homage to the natural world with Adam and his adorable girl pal.

A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children ~John James Audubon

... more soon on our AT site...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

A lovely post to read.