Thursday, September 9, 2010

If We had About $7 Million Dollars...

Well, first we would buy tons of bird dependent land and support some great bird organizations that conserve wild bird habitats....

But, then we might be tempted to bid on this tome:
A rare copy of John James Audubon's "Birds of America," billed as the world's most expensive book is for sale by Sotheby.  

The collection of 435 hand colored prints will require a rather large coffee table as it is one big book -3 feet by 2 feet-  because Audubon wanted to paint the birds life size.

I could dance with a real life size flamingo!
I could have a glass of wine with a life size American Bittern!
I could have some laughs with a life size Laughing Gull!

I'll add this book to my ever growing Christmas list for Cute Husband to sort out....

4 comments:

Dave said...

Or you could have Flambe with the Flamingo, Bitters with the Bittern and THEN the laughs with the Gull!

When you get the cash...I could use a Canon 800mm lens, Doodles won't buy it for me...

Weedpicker Cheryl said...

Maybe if we all pitch together? I have about 20 bucks....

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Now that I just sent in a check for this month's college tuition for Adam, I can contribute $3.50...
- Warren

Dave said...

I feel you pain...