Friday, August 7, 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

Yes, I am beyond food obsessed lately.

I don't know if it is because July birding was a little dull or if it is because the farmers' markets are just brimming with tons of local fresh goodies or if it is because the LoveNest yard finally produced something we ate rather than the deer eating.

But, I am obsessed.

Yesterday, I checked out a Farmer's Market recommended by Ross Geredien, our buddy from Good Migrations.

And, I found our local meat man!

Lew Dodd and his wife run Cedar Run Cattle Company in Sudlersville, MD.

Local beef, pork, chicken with no growth hormones, growth stimulants, artificial or antibiotic feed additives.

Love it!

I really enjoyed talking to Mr. Dodd - who assured me that he didn't want to eat anything that had all that garbage in it either.

Tonight...a big 'ole T-Bone steak!

Tomorrow... back to the birds, I promise!

We are day-tripping tomorrow in Western Maryland with Dan Haas who is currently ranting about his obsession with boobies on Nervous Birds.

So birds on the BirdCouple menu tomorrow!

In the meantime... I'm hungry....

No comments: