Friday, July 17, 2009

Giving Birth...

Ok, not me.

But, the LoveNest Garden did produce this little baby...


I'm particularly proud of this massive and healthy zucchini because we have not used any pesticides, insecticides, herbicides or any other -cides in the yard since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago.

The only addition to the yard is a compost from our own kitchen and garden waste.

This is quite the celebrated vegetable!

I presented him to Cute Husband upon his return from a long day at work.

I took him over to my parent's house in a little blanket.

I unveiled him to my gal pal, Vencka, when she was out on a stroll.
But, I realized he was born to be more than a just a circus act.
His days of show and tell came to an end in an almost religious ceremony.

I spoke to him of the ingredients he would be mixed with as I sliced him in two and prepared him from chopping.
Note the cute little piece of stem that resembles a little hair from his head.

This is only the beginning of zucchini's re-birth....
3lbs of him remain.

Cute Husband, how about... zucchini kabobs, zucchini creole, zucchini gumbo?
Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried?
There's pineapple zucchini, lemon zucchini, coconut zucchini, pepper zucchini, zucchini soup....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are worth a thousand words... when do we get to taste!!

L & V

Chris Petrak said...

Oh my are you in for it!Zucchinis are great - especially the first one, maybe even the second. I used to be proud of my first wonderful zucchini. But there is no way to stop them. At the risk of seeming seeming overly smug about my own writing, I nevertheless refer you to a column I posted in early August last year: http://tailsofbirding.blogspot.com/2008/08/zucchinis-dont-have-feathers.html - which btw my daughter continues to ignore.

anne beach said...

LOL!
that's a ton of zucchini! shawn starts ripping the plants out of the garden when he's had ENOUGH!

dAwN said...

Oh yumm yumm yumm! I will be by in a minute..do u have leftover ?? :)

Nervous Birds said...

that baby is... is... just 'gourd'eous!

Paige said...

They all really do have such soft hair when they're born, don't they?

Enjoy it while it lasts. Before you know it...they'll be gone and all you'll have are these pictures.

Larry said...

Wow! That is one healthy looking Zuchini! I love the Zuchini bread too.

Kathiesbirds said...

You are a little bit twisted, aren't you? ;)