Saturday, January 31, 2009

Alpen Optics Goes Pink!

Dear Cute Husband,
I must, must, must have these new bins from our favorite binocular company!

We are so beyond proud to be associated with Alpen Optics.

First, they make quality binoculars at a great price.

Second, they truly care about their retail partnership with Wild Bird Centers.

Third, the folks at Alpen Optics give back. They support the Optics for the Tropics program and proudly sponsored this year’s U.S. Paralympics Archery Team.

And, then they give back some more...

Alpen recently partnered with the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). A portion of the profit of each of these adorable pink binoculars sold will go the NBCF to help find a cure for breast cancer.

Pink bins with extra power!

Love it!

And, they match my jacket!

4 comments:

Larry said...

My first scope was an Alpen that I bought for just over $100. It had a small eyepiece but it did the trick.-I hit 100 species this January which was 6 better for me than last year.The final one came just as it was getting dark-Boat-tailed grackle-a lifer for me-it was a great way to end January.-What was the birdcouple's total?

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Larry - what a great way to end January. Congrats on the lifer and on hitting 100 for the month!!

We ended up with a mere 87, but went birding Feb. 1 and got our life Rough-Legged Hawk. Year total stands at 98 .. and counting.

- W and L

Larry said...

I don't think I have the attention span to keep a year list.-1 month was enough for me but maybe I'll try this year.

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Larry - we use a program called Avisys (there's a link on the blog). It costs less than $100, and has a complete world species list, based on Clements checklist. I put all my sightings in there, and it automatically generates any list I want (life, year, state, county, etc.)

Good birding!
Warren