Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Catching Up with Some Birding Buddies....

Warren and I have only birded in real life with one of these guys.

The remainder we bird with electronically by reading their blogs.

I feel a real kinship to these bloggers. I always learn something new or special from them on each read.

And this is what some of our favorite bird bloggers where up to this week....

Dan of Nervous Birds is flying a new banner of his most adorable wife and child. Dan is a fellow National Public Radio freak and he is currently highlighting the Science Friday broadcast on biodiversity.

John, of DC Birding Blog, is my daily vitamin of birding news, conservation issues and environmental news. Check out his thoughts on the current administration's decision to weaken the Endangered Species act here.

Larry, who creates The Brownstone Birding Blog , is running some fab shorebird pictures with an essay on the challenges of Peep and Sandpiper identification.

The fellows over at 10,000 Birds are raising funds to support survey and educational work in Kenya to raise awareness about the endangered Sharpe's Longclaw.
Please ChipIn to help these guys make their $2,000 goal.

And thanks to the gents at 10,000 Birds for motivating us to promote and support this effort!

5 comments:

John said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I'll post the instructions for commenting on the ESA revision tomorrow.

Mike said...

Thank YOU, Birdcouple. I'm looking forward to the day we can go birding together!

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Thanks, John... as always great information!

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Mike,
We are proud to do whatever we can for this project. It is great seeing you get closer to your goal each day!
L&W

Larry said...

Hey-I'm in here! Thanks-I appreciate it.

I don't put as much time into the blog as I used to. I haven't stopped by your blog for a while but I can seee you have some interestingposts that I'm looking forward to reading.