Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sweet Heart Gifts

It pains me to discourage Cute Husband from getting me a huge bauble, dozens of roses or loads of plastic pink heart balloons for Valentine's Day.


However, this recent article in Low Impact Living reminded me that I would cherish something from the Cute One's heart much more than something that was mass produced, disposable or somehow chewed up the environment.


Baby, on this Valentine's Day, forget that huge heart shaped card exploding with chocolates.

Forget that diamond tiara I showed you last night.

Forget the weekend in Paris.

Forget the 5 course dinner prepared by Brad Pitt in a gladiator outfit.


I will have none of it!


Let's celebrate the cupid day by sharing a cup of Shade Grown Coffee , some great birding memories and a big long smooch!



I have clearly lost my mind.....

3 comments:

Warren & Lisa Strobel said...

Uh Princess, are you sure? Are you SURE you're sure?

Paige said...

Lisa,

Is that you?

I feel like I don't know you anymore...freak.

XO,
P

Nervous Birds said...

Would you settle for my son Declan cooking you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a onesy?

No...

Mmm, how about grilled cheese (with parental supervision of course)?

Studies show that gladiator outfits raise CO2 levels in the atmosphere.